INFOGRAPHICS – Why does Page Speed Matter in SEO? How do I Increase It?
Why does Page Speed Matter in SEO? How do I Increase It?
Known as website page speed, different factors affect the time a page needs to be completely loaded on a web browser.
This speed is one of the many elements used to rank pages in search engines.
Google has found that a half second’s difference in load time can decrease traffic by 20%.
Website page speed can be increased using these three steps:
- Implement caching. It provides search engines with a “backup” page for quicker load times.
- This can lower server load by 80%.
- Allows users to access the backup page if the current page is unavailable due to
- internet congestion
- recent removal of the webpage
- the page simply loads too slowly
- Decrease Image Size. Visual media on webpages should enhance the user experience, not detract.
- Customers wait about 3 to 5 seconds for a page to load
- Images can take 15 seconds or longer to load
- Try to keep image file sizes to below 70kb
- Reduce the work of the browser to fetch, parse and build the structure of the page.
- Your website design and maintenance team should be in charge of this.
- It involves behind the scenes code, software, and mapping technologies.
Remember, a fast website creates a good user experience.
Contact us today at Webmaster for Hire for a free quote on how we can help your website load faster.